- About Us
- Research Areas
- Recent Publications
- Education & Training
- Summer Internship
- Administration & Finance
- Facilities & Services
- Room Scheduling
- Helpful Information
- Emergency Contacts
- Trainee Committee
Public transportation is a very important issue, especially since parking at the medical school is scarce. The closest T stops to HMS are Longwood Ave (Green Line, D branch) and Brigham Circle (Green Line, E branch). Buses that have stops around the Longwood Medical Area include Routes 39, 66, 47, 8, 60, 65, CT2, and CT3. Also see info about M2 shuttle below.
Buses and the T (subway):
- MBTA is Boston's public transportation system
- Harvard offers a discount of up to 50% on T passes (train and bus passes). You will receive confirmation by e-mail.
- MASCO runs the M2 shuttle which runs between Harvard's Cambridge and Boston campuses with stops in between. It is free to ride with a Harvard ID card.
- See Commuter Choice Program for additional commuting information including carpooling and biking.
- Cambridge Campus Shuttles are free to ride for Harvard affiliates. They shuttle between Harvard Yard, Mather House, the Radcliffe Quad, Memorial Hall and the athletic facilities 7 days a week during term time.
- Zipcar is a car-sharing company that rents cars by the hour and by the day. It has many cars in the Greater Boston area, and Harvard affiliates get a membership discount.
- Quad Bikes: Located between Harvard and Porter Squares
- Bikes Not Bombs: Located in Jamaica Plain
- Wheel Works: Located near Porter Square in Somerville